About this site
Between the years 2000 and 2006, the Members for Democracy (MFD), a rag-tag group of labour union reformers, ran a web site at the domain address www.ufcw.net.
In November of 2005, at the conclusion of a 5 year legal dispute with the United Food & Commercial Workers International Union, the Supreme Court of British Columbia issued a decision ordering MFD to stop using the ufcw.net domain name.read more >>
Most popular articles
- Mondo Condo: A history in Pictures
- Changing Unions - The Straight Goods on Mainstream Labour's Biggest Taboo
- Understanding Last Chance Agreements
- The Straight Goods on the Duty of Fair Representation - p.01
- Real Canadian Superstores: The UFCW's Low Wage Wasteland
- And Justice For Us
- Sins of the Father
- Full Disclosure :: the UFCW Canada Pension Plan :: 02 :: The Best Laid Plans
- The Haunted Houses of Labour
- Duty of Fair Representation Part 3: Writing a Kickass Complaint
Most popular news
- Settlement at Springhill Farms
- Corporate Time Thieves Busted
- Weekly Review: Vulgar Displays of Power
- UFCW appeals LRB decision on Lomans MOU
- Stern Sucks Again
- Mondo Condo: Number 9, Number 9, Number 9...
- Words are Weapons: The Zapatistas and Alternative Economics Tour
- MFD Weekend: Watt the Hell?
- Weekly Review: Men Who Sleep With Dogs
- The Next Step
- Getting More Out of Grievances p.02 - So What You Want To Do Is:
- Sidelined by Secrecy - No More
- The Parasites who Measure Workers Destiny in Dollars and Cents - Part 2
- The UFCW Pension Gurus Damned If They Did and Damned Again
- Mediation - Inside - p.02
- Mondo Condo Makeover P.07: Who Jacked Your Jobs
- The Inevitable Media of the Power Source.
- Workers' Media: Making Ourselves Matter
- Men Who Sleep With Dogs
- The Swiss Chalet Workers - p.01 - Mainstream Labour's Best Kept Secret
Most popular weekly
- Invisible men: Union corruption in Canada
- Our Brother's Rights
- 'When did you become a labour relations expert?'
- Freedom for our People
- Manufacturing Controversy or Manufacturing Consent?
- You have the right to remain silent
- Vice Chair Strangelove: How he learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.
- Knowledge is Power Knowing How Little You Have Is Not
- Sweethearts or Biz-Unions?
- How to Bargain: Chuck the Rule Book, Farley